Blue Point is located on Hwy 3A, on the East shore of Kootenay Lake, 30 minutes from downtown Creston (approx. 40 km). Heading north from Creston, it is about 1 km north of the Glass House, with an address of 11441 on a visible address post in the pullout above the camp.
Contact Kim Asquith to inquire about booking.
- $25/day for Kootenay Area Guiding groups
- $40/day for other groups
About Camp Blue Point
- There are six tent platforms and six fire pits for outdoor cooking.
- A large fire pit is near the beach accommodates campfire time.
- There is plenty of area for wide games and for exploring nature.
- There is a sandy beach and a swimming area.
- There are 3 pumpable toliets, and an outdoor portable shower stall.
- There is hot and cold potable water piped into the lodge.
- The large lodge has a well-supplied kitchen with two electric stoves, a commercial griddle, two electric fridges, a small deep freeze and a microwave.
- There is a plentiful supply of dishes, pots, pans, cutlery, and kitchen utensils.
- There is seating for 48 at mealtimes. A small airtight wood heater provides warmth when needed.
- There is a bunk room with six bunks, underneath the main lodge facility.
- Renters must supply their own tea towels, first aid kit, axes, shovels, tent and tarps.
Good to know…
There is a general store at Destiny Bay, approx. 5 kms north on Hwy 3A.