About the Bursary
These awards, which promote the Vision, Mission, and Principles of the Girl Guides of Canada, will be granted to a student who is an active member of Girl Guides of Canada, Kootenay Area. It is given to encourage further education/training for a student attending an accredited college, university, or technical school.
Award: Up to four awards of $300 each
- Must be an active member with a high attendance record of Girl Guides of Canada, Kootenay Area for at least the past three years.
- Must be in graduating year of high school.
- Must plan to continue education at any accredited public or private post-secondary institution in Canada.
- Will be evaluated on her Guiding and community involvement (as per letter or reference)
- A confidential letter of reference from a currently registered Unit Guider outlining current and past involvement in Girl Guides of Canada and leadership abilities must accompany application.
- A confidential letter of reference from a non-Guiding adult outlining leadership and community participation must accompany application.
- A personal letter on how Guiding has enriched her life and influenced her future plans must accompany application.
- Recipient’s Link membership and pin will be paid for by the Area.
- Recipient must be a good role model to other girls in the Guiding movement and actively promote Guiding to others.
- Bursary is conditional upon acceptance at the institution of applicant’s choice and will be awarded when proof of paid registration has been received. (The Bursary must be used within 27 months of being awarded)
Deadline to Area Awards Committee – April 15.
Bursary will be presented by the Area Commissioner or her delegate at a District or Area Event or at the recipient’s High School Awards Ceremony.
Use the links below to submit an application or a reference letter.